BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] rsyncd, Parent read EOF from child

2010-06-17 02:35:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] rsyncd, Parent read EOF from child
From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 08:33:32 +0200
Alexander Moisseev wrote:

> I have BackupPC configured to backup several directories on the same
> server as different BackupPC hosts. It works without a problem more than 2
> years. But now backup of one directory interrupts during transfer when it
> still works normally for other ones.

There are a lot of problems with rsyncd in windows. At least with cygwin
prior V1.7.
I found a lot of information (but no solution) about this in different
mailing lists within the last two years :-(
So it is very interesting that it does work with cygwin-rsyncd-2.6.8_0,
Windows Server 2003 Std R2.

I use rsync instead rsyncd and happy with that.

"Got fatal error during xfer (Child exited prematurely)" means that your
cygwin-rsyncd die.
You should increase log verbosity on cygwin-rsyncd and check against this
log.

br
Matthias
--