BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Question on Backing Up Windows

2010-05-19 15:09:33
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Question on Backing Up Windows
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 15:07:59 -0400
Ben Adams wrote:
> Bowie,
>
> You are a life-saver. You were right that I was using C$\Documents And
> Settings.  Now, I changed that and the backup works.  Here is another
> question for you or anyone else: With Rsyncd, I could say backup
> everything under Documents and Settings EXCEPT for My Music and My
> Pictures.  Is there a way to do that using SMB?

Unfortunately, with SMB you cannot use both BackupFilesOnly and
BackupFilesExclude on a single share.  Your best bet is to make a new
share for your "Documents and Settings" folder and then set up the
exclusions for it.

    $Conf{SmbShareName} = [
        'DocsAndSettings'
     ];
    $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
          'DocsAndSettings' => [ '/My Music', 'My Pictures' ]
    };

Take a look at the documentation built into the GUI.  When you edit the
configs, every setting name is a hotlink into the documentation.

--
Bowie