BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Outsourcing backup

2010-05-04 09:57:17
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Outsourcing backup
From: Inno <innop AT voila DOT fr>
To: General list for user discussion questions and support <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, General list for user discussion questions and support <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 15:55:05 +0200 (CEST)
I will test it (but I want a full backup every week). We have a connection with
250 KB/s.

My goal is not to centralize backups so I wondered if my solution will be good.

Imagine if the company burns or HDD breaks. For me it's better to have two HDD
(at different locations) with a loss of one week if its burn. Do you understand
why I want exchange between both every week and why I imagine this steps ?
(maybe I'm not clear :-S)

Thanks.

> Message du 04/05/10 à 15h23
> De : "Kameleon" <kameleon25 AT gmail DOT com>
> A : "General list for user discussion,<br>    questions and support"
> <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [BackupPC-users] Outsourcing backup
>
> This is very true. We have 4 remote sites, 2 T1's (1.5megabit up and down)
> and 2 DSL (1.5megabit down x 256 kilobit up) and have a central backuppc
> server located in-house that backs up those 4 server and 10 more in house on
> the local fiber network. The only issue was the initial full on the 2 DSL
> connections. Since they are local to us, I was able to take the server there
> and run the initial full no problem. I use rsync on all the servers. The
> total of all the servers is over 2TB with the remote sites having about
> 700GB of that. So you should be good with rsync and just get the initial
> full onsite.
>
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 7:50 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
> wrote:
>
> > Inno wrote:
> > > I have not a decent internet connectivity and I have more than 500 GB.
> > >

> > With rsync the size doesn't matter much after you get the initial copy
> > (which
> > you might take on-site and carry over or let it run over a weekend).  The
> > bandwidth/time you need nightly would depend on the rate of change in the
> > content.
> >
> > --
> >    Les Mikesell
> >    lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com

> [ (pas de nom de fichier) (0.1 Ko) ]
> [ (pas de nom de fichier) (0.3 Ko) ]

 Suivez toute l'actualité de la Nouvelle Star, retrouvez les dépêches, les
photos et les vidéos : http://evenementiel.voila.fr/Nouvelle-Star-2010/infos