BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Best Linux base

2010-04-30 14:03:17
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Best Linux base
From: Rob Owens <rowens AT ptd DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 14:01:08 -0400
On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 12:42:22PM -0700, Eddie Gonzales wrote:
> My issues were mainly do to my lack of linux knowledge but now it's
> getting the exim mail service on my debian to send me emails. I know I
> will rebuild if I put this in production so wanted to know If I should
> change bases if I do to make things easier to get all working.

I run BackupPC on Debian Lenny.  What specifically is your problem?  Are
you trying to get mail working only on the local machine, or are you
sending it over the internet?  Are you using a smarthost (for instance,
sending the mail through your ISP's mail servers), or are you running
your own mail server?

-Rob