BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] backuppc on linux, mac os X client

2010-04-27 15:19:39
Subject: [BackupPC-users] backuppc on linux, mac os X client
From: Robert Minvielle <robert AT lite3d DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:18:01 -0500 (CDT)
For the time being, I am going to try a different approach than the rsync to
backup the mac os X client to the linux backuppc server. I tried tar, but
that fails. I try xtar, as some people have mentioned in the past that it
works ok, but that fails also. Any ideas on how to backup a mac os X client
using backuppc?

Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -n -l root seed env LC_ALL=C /usr/bin/xtar -c -v -f
- -C /Volumes/seed/admin --totals .
full backup started for directory /Volumes/seed/admin
Xfer PIDs are now 14325,14324
Tar exited with error 65280 () status
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0 sizeExistComp, 0
filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share /Volumes/seed/admin)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share /Volumes/seed/admin)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the prior one
(got 0 and 0 files versus 0)

>>From the backup server, ssh works fine with no keys as the root user on
>>backuppc and
root user on the mac. Any ideas would be appreciated.