BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] archiving question

2010-04-26 12:09:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] archiving question
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:07:32 -0500
On 4/26/2010 10:48 AM, Eddie Gonzales wrote:
> Has anyone tried to copy the Tar archive to another machine? I would
> like a copy of the archives to go to another location. Or mirror one
> backuppc server to another?

You can NFS-mount the directory where you say the tar archive should be
stored in the archive host setup - or copy it after creation.  Those
files are big but portable.  Backing up the backuppc machine itself is a
problem due to the large number of hardlinks that must be duplicated.
Rsync works for some people but has scaling issues.  Some kind of image
copy of the filesystem may be the best approach.  If you can't do it
through raid mirroring or LVM snapshots, you'll have to unmount the
partition while copying.