BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] what files changed on incremental script

2010-04-24 21:15:18
Subject: [BackupPC-users] what files changed on incremental script
From: Luis Paulo <luis.barbas AT gmail DOT com>
To: "list backuppc General user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 02:12:55 +0100
I've made a few changes on my 'what files changed on incremental" script.

* First of all, I changed the name. As it will be normally put
together with the distribution administrative scripts, lower case will
distinguish it.

* Now 'pool' and 'delete' lines are also listed, besides 'create'. An
extra initial column with 2 spaces was added.

* I've split uid and gid. An extra new column was added

* Added a --fancy option

* Added a --summary option. I've found that create+pool+same equals
the nFiles on backups file.

* Added a -v version option

With this post follows the script and a usage text file with examples.

Remember that the output is usually long, and the process will take a
bit of time and machine. Use less and avoid full backups.

I have called this version 1.0.1beta. I intend to make a 1.0.0 version
with any suggestions you'll be kind enough to make, and a better
formatting of the summary option.

I've been running this script on a updated Ubuntu hardy
2.6.24-27-server x86_64, with BackupPC 3.0.0. Tried it mostly with
rsync backups.

I knew just the basic of awk and sed when I've started, and as you may
know, I'm portuguese.
So please feel free to correct anything, all comments will be appreciate.

Regards
Luis