BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Howto mirrror backuppc server

2010-04-14 05:33:01
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Howto mirrror backuppc server
From: mlist AT sfsb DOT hr
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:10:54 +0200 (CEST)
I established backup on Debian Lenny server with backuppc and it has been
great in collecting and backuping data from my 6 other servers. But my
backup server hardware is rather old so I decided to purchase simple NAS
just to mirror everything from my backup server.

Command I'm using is:

/usr/bin/rsync -avz --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D --links
--hard-links --times --delete --rsync-path="rsync --super"
--exclude=/proc/* --exclude=/sys/* --exclude=/tmp/*
--exclude=/lost+found/* -e ssh / $NAS_ACC@$NASSERVER:$NAS_DIR

Backuppc top dir on backup server is on separate partition and disk usage
is following:

dev/sda1              16G  2.5G   13G  17% /
/dev/hda1             184G  137G   38G  79% /backup
/dev/hda2             184G  1.2G  173G   1% /home
/dev/hda3              92G  1.3M   86G   1% /var/www

Above command for all filesystems except backup (5G) i taking 10-20
minutes depending on network traffic and load of backup server but backup
of backup filesystem is taking forever. I expected it to last at most
140G/5G =28 -> 28x20mins ~ 10 hours but it seems that with above command
cpool and pc directories are copied like unrelated data ant its lasting
few days.

What I'm I doing wrong? Any recomendation how to best backup backuppc
server to enable its quick recovery in case of hw failure? Are archives
somethin I should use?

Tnx.

Miki