BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore Backup Doen't work well

2010-04-03 18:26:57
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore Backup Doen't work well
From: Luis Paulo <luis.barbas AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 23:24:40 +0100
Hi, Professor

So, you are running Backuppc-3.1.0 on ubuntu 9.10, and restores don't work

How are you trying to do the restore?
Because you say you are using samba:

$Conf{SmbClientRestoreCmd}='$smbClientPath \\\\$host\\$shreName'
. ' $I_option -U $userName -E -d 1 '
. ' -c tarmode\\ full -Tx -';

But you report a tarCreate error.

As I said, windows and restore is not my thing.
But you may check if the $UserName has write permissons for the place you are trying to restore the files. Ok?

About restore logs: you may find them on the GUI:
select client
Find the "Restore Summary" Table
Below that is a "Xfer Error Summary" table, and there, for each restore is a column named view with two links:
one for the XferLOG, other for the Errors log

Errors log may tell you something more.

Regards
Luis