BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude folder using the GUI

2010-04-02 17:24:57
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude folder using the GUI
From: Rémi Boulle <rboulle AT free DOT fr>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 23:22:40 +0200
Le 02/04/2010 19:18, Eddie Gonzales a écrit :
> I am testing out BackupPC as a option for my school and so far I am
> unable to include only specific folders on my server. It seems to want
> to backup the entire drive. I would like to use the GUI only to make it
> easy. Is this possible?

Yes.
I am not a powerful user of backuppc.

To backup only my /home/remi and not the whole /, with the web interface
I set RsyncShareName to /home/remi

If you want to go further with the customisation, I think it is easier
to modify the file /etc/backuppc/config.pl or do it for each host with
/etc/backuppc/name_of_host.pl

Web interface is really great but I prefer to do things directly.
@+
Rémi.