BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host

2010-03-17 20:29:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host
From: Chris Bennett <chris AT ceegeebee DOT com>
To: sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 10:56:59 +1030
Hi Sorin,

> Windows says Permission denied. What could possibly be wrong?? The Windows
> machine in question is a plain vanilla Win2k3 standalone server connected to
> an even more plain vanilla AD-domain.

Ok, so that's a good sign that you're communicating to the Windows
server and your authentication is failing :)

I'm not too good on interpreting the Windows Event Viewer logs so
those may or may not be useful in helping you solve the problem.. To
me, they suggest your credentials are wrong.

I suggest you try some permutations of your configuration:
  - reboot your Linux host and try again
  - build a second temporary linux system  to test with (if you've got
    some form of virtualization, this should be really easy), and then
    re-attempt your mount
  - try and auth against a different Windows server; even a desktop
    should succesfully mount with domain credentials if the desktop is
    joined to the domain.

Try and be methodical in your approach, and document what your
testing, and the outcome (logs of your commands and output help).
It's easy to just try a bunch of things in a chaotic fashion and not
know where you are at at the end of it.

Let me know how you go.

Regards,

Chris Bennett