BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Replacing dead backup drive

2010-02-26 00:19:58
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Replacing dead backup drive
From: Luis Paulo <luis.barbas AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 05:17:15 +0000
Need to ask. Can you really run this?
#su - backuppc -c "/usr/bin/touch /mnt/b1/pc/test/x.txt"

or just
#su - backuppc -c "/usr/bin/touch /mnt/b1/x.txt"
if you don't have the directories yet.

Sorry if this is too simple to you.

Luis

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 11:46 PM, Dan Smisko <dan AT balanced DOT com> wrote:

After an absence because of personal issues, I have replaced the drive.
The only thing on the drive was the backup data, configuration is in /etc.
The drive is writable by backuppc.

After I start the backuppc daemon the BackupPC_TrashClean process starts.
I started a full dump of the host "test".  BackupPC_dump -f test started,
but nothing happened.  The failure message is:

unable to open/create /mnt/b1/pc/test/XferLOG.z

Do I have to run the "perl configure.pl" command in the distribution
source to set up the backup directories?  Will it remember my old answers?
Will it overwrite the configuration in /etc/backuppc/config.pl?
Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

Dan Smisko
Balanced Audio Technology
1300 First State Blvd.
Suite A