BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Looking for tools to manipulate attrib files

2010-02-24 23:21:28
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Looking for tools to manipulate attrib files
From: John Rouillard <rouilj-backuppc AT renesys DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 04:19:27 +0000
Hello all:

I am moving some files from one server to another. The files are being
backed up on the first server and will be backed up on the second
server. I would like to pre-populate the second server's pc tree with
the files to eliminate a couple of days of data transfer.

I can easily use:

  cp --link -R /backuppc/pc/server1/yy/f%2fhome/ffoo/fbar
          /backuppc/pc/server2/xx/f%2fhome/ffoo/fbar

but the attrib file in foo for server2 doesn't include bar. I can't
use the attrib file from server1 because the foo directory on server2
has files that are not being backed up on server 1 and therefore won't
be in server1/.../ffoo's attrib file.

What I need is something like:

  Backup_zcat attrib | printattrib > fileattrs

that produces:

   filename filetype mode uid gid size mtime

that I can add an entry for bar to and then run

  createattrib fileattrs | BackupPC_compress > attrib

Does anybody have any of the utility programs (printattrib,
createattrib BackupPC_compress) in their toolbox?

--
                                -- rouilj

John Rouillard       System Administrator
Renesys Corporation  603-244-9084 (cell)  603-643-9300 x 111