BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup copied files

2010-02-18 17:46:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup copied files
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:44:33 -0600
On 2/18/2010 4:02 PM, Chris Owen wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I copied some files from our old file server. The problem I have got
> is that the files that where copied are not being backed up.
>
> I did read somewhere that this is how its ment to work but I am unable
> to find how to change this.
>
> I am sure I have just missed somthing.

What xfer type are you using and has a full happened since the files
were copied?  The tar and smb methods use only the file timestamps to
determine what to take in incrementals, so if your file copy preserved
old timestamps they will be skipped until the next full.  If you use
rsync or rsyncd they should be picked up on the next run, incremental or
full.