BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] long rsync backup time

2010-01-31 16:04:40
Subject: [BackupPC-users] long rsync backup time
From: Bob Wooden <rewdn AT bellsouth DOT net>
To: backuppc-users-list <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:03:01 -0600
I am new to backuppc. I got my first rsync backuppc client to run but,
it takes a long time (5GB data, 15 hours and I stopped it.)

I have excluded:

'/proc', '/dev', '/tmp', '/mnt', '/media', '/sys',
 '/lost+found', '/usr/src', '/var/lib', '/var/tmp', '/var/cache',
 '/var/spool', '/var/run', '/var/lock', '/var/games' and '/home'

I have manually run:

"sudo -u backuppc /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_dump -v -f backupclient"

and I get confused as I am seeing /proc and /dev stuff in the verbose
output. Is backuppc backing up those directories?

Any thoughts on why it is taking so long?