BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Testing the mail function from BackupPC

2010-01-28 10:12:57
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Testing the mail function from BackupPC
From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 16:10:13 +0100
and
>support
>Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Testing the mail function from BackupPC
>
>Sorin Srbu wrote:
>>
>> The problem *now* is that /bin/mail doesn't understand the "-t" switch.
As I
>> mentioned, I can't find anything about this t parameter in man mail, but
in
>> the /usr/bin/BackupPC_SendEmail script  the t parameter is mentioned as
>> something that " -t  display the emails that would be sent, without
sending
>> them".
>>
>> To me this is rather cryptic, and I don't quite understand the why's,
what's
>> and where's of this alluring "-t" and how I fix this.
>
>Did you perhaps set SendmailPath to mail instead of /usr/sbin/sendmail?  -t
is a
>flag to sendmail that says the To:/From: headers are already in the input.

I didn't change those paths, it's a plain vanilla install really. With that
said, /usr/bin/mail is the preset value.

Ok, I'll try sendmail instead then. Thanks!

@Tony Molloy:
I run BackupPC on CentOS 5.4 and used the howto available at
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/BackupPC for setting this up. No mention of
sendmail in that howto.

--
/Sorin