BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc - not backing up files, only folder structure

2010-01-27 12:02:11
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc - not backing up files, only folder structure
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:00:58 -0600
On 1/27/2010 9:35 AM, stratisphere wrote:

> Well I assumed that at the start... but i'm using the domain administrator
> credentials and from windows using the same credentials i'm able to browse
> any and all files.
>
> So either it's something on the windows server which is preventing the domain
> administrator from accessing it remotely (which I dont think it is since i've
> proved from both the backuppc box and from a windows client that I can)

Are you sure the backuppc login is taken as the domain admin, not a
local one?

> or
>
> it's backuppc not providing the credentials correctly.

If you connect manually with smbclient with the same credentials, do you
have access to these files?   Some versions of samba did have a bug in
how the password was sent but the usual result was not getting a
connection at all.