BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] new switch, slower backups

2010-01-22 23:32:47
Subject: [BackupPC-users] new switch, slower backups
From: "Chris Baker" <cbaker AT intera DOT com>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:26:15 -0600
I installed some new Dell gigabit switches about a month ago. My performance on backing up server has actually gotten worse. It's a server with about 650 GB. It runs Windows 2003 and has gigabit network cards that I have teamed. My BackupPC server also has teamed network cards. Both servers are actually on the same Dell switch. Before the upgrade, the files had to pass through our old switches and a Linksys router.

Performance should have gotten better, not worse. I have now had backups that lasted four days. And when backups go this long, other things can go wrong that force a restart of the server.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Chris Baker -- cbaker AT intera DOT com
systems administrator
INTERA -- 512-425-2006