BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] how to do a one file backup 'test'

2010-01-22 22:42:27
Subject: [BackupPC-users] how to do a one file backup 'test'
From: three_jeeps <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:40:37 -0500
>>From my reading of the backup pc documentation, and looking at the web
>>interface, it seems that the initial backup will always be a 'full' backup
>>True?...(it seems that is the only option presented on the web interface).
>>If not true, please tell me how to get around this.

Assuming that the first backup is 'full' I want, as a test, to specify one file
in one directory to be backed up.  Where do I specify how to do this?  In the
'my_machine.pl' configuration file? Using the $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} =
'/my_test_dir/my_test_file.txt'  I assume?

I guess the real question is, anytime backup is run, it ALWAYS uses the
$Conf{BackUpFilesOnly} directive and the $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} directive to
dictate what gets backed up or not?
Thanks for the clarification
-J