BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] (fileListReceive failed)

2010-01-21 11:17:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] (fileListReceive failed)
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: "Pat Rice" <patrick.j.rice AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:15:51 -0600
It is [unfortunately] compiled in, but this comes from the OLDNEWS file on
my distribution:

    - Some buffer sizes were expanded a bit, particularly on systems where
      MAXPATHLEN is overly small (e.g. cygwin).

So it may suffice to upgrade to a later version.  It's defined in
"rsync.h" but would typically be set by the build platform.

> So is there any way I can change rsync's MAXPATHLEN ? I have a look at
> the config file but I can seem to see it any where ?
>
> Any help would be greatly appriceated.
>
> Thanks
> Pat
>
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 6:58 PM, Michael Stowe
> <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org> wrote:
>>
>>> The following is appearing in the logs:
>>>
>>> 2010-01-18 15:53:00 User backuppc requested backup of law98 (law98)
>>> 2010-01-18 15:53:01 Started full backup on law98 (pid=14346,
>>> share=cDrive)
>>> 2010-01-18 15:53:37 law98: overflow: flags=0x78 l1=215 l2=352471873,