BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc and ldap auth

2009-11-20 10:55:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc and ldap auth
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:52:16 +0000
On Friday 20 Nov 2009 15:24:04 ludovic cavalier wrote:
> I did not find any idea to deal with this.
> apache mod_ldap can not bind to ldap directory using email adress.
>
> Is there any way to solve this problem ? Something like "if uid bind is
> ok, get email user adress to match his machine" ?

Ludovic,

We use Kolab as our LDAP root.  We use Apache LDAP auth with email address
like so:

                AuthName "BackupPC Access"
                AuthType Basic
                AuthBasicProvider ldap
                AuthLDAPURL ldap://kolab.example.com/dc=example,dc=net?mail
                require valid-user

As opposed to

                AuthName "BackupPC Access"
                AuthType Basic
                AuthBasicProvider ldap
                AuthLDAPURL ldap://kolab.example.com/dc=example,dc=net?uid
                require valid-user

The users are defined in BackupPC by their full email address.  This works
fine.
If your LDAP tree cannot support auth by email, I'm afraid I cannot help.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of