BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Bakuppc shutdown clinets

2009-11-15 05:55:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Bakuppc shutdown clinets
From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 11:53:04 +0100
egrimisu wrote:

> Hi guys,
> It's been 3 weeks since usig backuppc and i'm very happy with it. I backup
> 3 linux servers, 2 winodws servers and apeox 50 windows clinets.
> Everything is great except 2 things 1 problem and 1 question:
>
> QUESTION: the method of backup that i use is to backupp all windows client
> at night after all the emplyoes are home, and i would like to spare some
> power and turn off the pc-s after backup. Is it possible to shutdown the
> windows clients after backup completed succesfuly or not?
After backup is completed backuppc will call a procedure, defined in
$Conf{DumpPostUserCmd} (see your configuration files in /etc/backuppc/*.pl
or "Backup Setings" in the GUI).
The procedure must be written by you (e.g. a bash script) and must
submit "shutdown -s" on the windows PC.
Attend: You need an adminstrator account on windows as well as a remote
connection (e.g. cygwin/ssh).
This apply too for your unix clients, except you have to use "shutdown -h".

> PROBLEM: the mail's that backuppc send form a yahoo mailbox to another
> yahoo mailbox works great. But when using our own mail server the things
> go worng, and i will explain why:
>
> Our mail server is located in Hungary at example.hu but our mailboxes are
> @examplero.ro , the problem is that when sendmail try's to send mail it
> does not find exmplero.ro:
>
> nADKONgX003475     1874 Fri Nov 13 22:24 <>
>                  (Deferred: Connection timed out with examplero.ro)
>
> this happens for sender or recipient if @explero.ro:
> Sending test email using /usr/sbin/sendmail -t xx AT yahoo DOT com -f
> xxx AT exemplero DOT ro
> Sending test email using /usr/sbin/sendmail -t xxx AT exemplero DOT ro -f
> xx AT yahoo DOT com if none is examplero.ro everything is fine.
>

> Thanks in advance.

br
Matthias
--