BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] MySQL

2009-11-12 15:47:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] MySQL
From: Johan Cwiklinski <mailings AT x-tnd DOT be>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:17:52 +0100
Hello,

Le 12/11/2009 16:28, James Wells a écrit :
> Depends how you want to restore things - we use it to just backup the
> /var/lib/mysql directories , but this means you have to restore the whole
> database at once to restore things (you can restore to another server and
> just select the data you want, as required of course).

Backup of files under mysql directory will not work if you use innodb
databases (at least)...

For such a backup, you will have to stop the database, do the file copy
and then restart ; or proceed mysqldump command.

Anyways, I'm not sure that simply copying files is really recommended,
even if it appears to work (it should only work 99 per cent of time ;) ).

Regards,
Johan