BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Rsync through SSH tunnel gets stuck

2009-10-28 04:18:17
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Rsync through SSH tunnel gets stuck
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:15:21 +0100
Hello everybody.

I've setup a Debian Lenny server with BackupPC 3.1.0-4lenny1 and
configured one remote host to be backed up via ssh tunnel.

What I do, like on my other BackupPC server, is as follows:

- set DumpPreShareCmd to execute this command:

/var/lib/backuppc/tunnel.sh -fC administrator AT remotehost DOT com -L
8877:127.0.0.1:873 sleep 60

where tunnel.sh contains:

ssh $@ 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null && echo "SSH started successfully."

- set the ClientNameAlias to "localhost";
- set RsyncdClientPort to "8877";
- set XferMethod to "rsyncd".

I've also put the XferLogLevel = 5, but I don't see more than I saw when
it was "1".

The trouble is, that the connection somehow gets stuck: no data gets
transferred after some time.
On the other side, there is Windows 2003 SP2 with copSSH and cwRsync
installed, the actual versions.

How do I have to proceed to analize and debug this situation?

Thanks in advance,
Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL
Via Ballerini 21