BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] offsite archives

2009-10-16 15:12:09
Subject: [BackupPC-users] offsite archives
From: Ryan Jewell <rjewell999 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 12:07:55 -0700
I have been spending time further automating my backuppc solution and
I'm back to "automatically sending archives offsite". At the moment we
will use a script to put archives into a folder and use an offsite
backuppc to pull them off (which gives a great interface for viewing).
For my small pool I think rsync would work well but a discussion about
keeping things in sync are enough to put it on the back burner.

I am running 3.0 and tried to look at what an upgrade might give me.
Could someone tell me if there are additions that would make the above
goal easier?

I saw this page http://sme.firewall-services.com/spip.php?article50 and
wonder if those scripts are in 3.1 or 3.2 and whether they would run on
Ubuntu. This looked like a great bit of work that covers the basics.

On the sourceforge page I saw new features that were suggested by
people. I've read a lot of the past posts and don't own a flame
retardant suit so I'm reluctant to say anything. Oh well... why can't
archives be scheduled like dumps? It seems like the entire interface is
there already and it would be an incredible addition. I like to keep
monthly archives of a machine and maybe it's yearly after the first 6
months. For people like me there could be pool, cpool and archives.

Thank you for the wonderful program!
Ryan