BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Exclusions List

2009-10-12 13:43:25
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Exclusions List
From: Heath Yob <heathy AT stanford DOT edu>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:38:34 -0700
I'm having problems getting the exclusions to work.

Server is a debian 5 box running version 3.1.  I'm backing up an OSX
client via ssh rsync.

The backup part is working.  The problem is that the exclusions aren't
working.  For example i'm trying to exclude mp3s.  So I've added both
*.mp3 and .mp3 to the exclusion list and it's still backing up the
mp3s.  I'm wondering if I'm missing something.  The examples of the
exclusions only show directories and not files even though it states
it can exclude files.

"List of directories or files to exclude from the backup."

Thanks,

Heath