BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] unclean pool

2009-10-02 10:44:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] unclean pool
From: Tony Schreiner <schreian AT bc DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 10:40:55 -0400
On Oct 2, 2009, at 10:33 AM, Holger Parplies wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Tony Schreiner wrote on 2009-09-30 14:46:09 -0400 [Re: [BackupPC-
> users] unclean pool]:

> let me repeat that question, it was important:
>
> *Is BackupPC_nightly actually being run?*

> Yes, that should of course be WakeupSchedule. Sorry about the typo.
> Note that
> the '7' is in there twice. I don't know if that may be confusing
> BackupPC. I
> don't think it should, but the code in question is confusing me
> right now :).
>
>> I'm trying to investigate further why my cpool is (apparently) not
>> getting cleaned up.  I'm  looking at the code to BackupPC_nightly,
>> but
>> I admit I'm not the l33test of perl programmers. I wonder if someone
>> familiar with the code can help me a bit.
>
> Yes, but we should first make sure the code is in fact being run.
>
>> The GetPoolStatus routine is using the find function (from Lib?) to
>> scan the pool.
>
> Actually, it's the other way around. find() is using GetPoolStats()
> to scan
> the pool.
>
> What file system type is your pool on? Have you recently installed
> IO::Dirent?

Hi

Yes, you're right about find calling GetPoolStats, I write my message
in too much haste.

But I think you are on the right track with your question about
IO::Dirent; I reached this same conclusion just an hour or two ago.

My files system is XFS, which I failed to mention originally. I have
just set IODirentOK=0 in Lib.pm and BackupPC_nightly is now actually
doing some work.

Thanks,
Tony