BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] how to write data to DVD?

2009-08-31 17:28:19
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] how to write data to DVD?
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:25:36 -0500
baradoss wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed backuppc successfully on my server
> and give each position are saved in / var / lib / backuppc / pc /.
>
> but I would be worth its data automatically burn to DVD or DVD-rewritable, ie
> the hen I start the backup from the web interface of backuppc, the burning
> will start automatically.
>

> you have an idea?

Saving anywhere but the on-line filesystem is sort-of an afterthought in
  backuppc, so if your main goal is to have DVD's burned you are
probably starting in the wrong place.  However, you can either use the
BackupPC_tarCreate command line tool to generate a standard tar image
file that you can write to dvds, or set up what backuppc calls an
'archive host'.  See the documentation for the options, but you
basically configure either a directory or an output device with some
options for storage.  When you select this 'host' from the web interface
you can pick which of the real hosts to archive.  If you have sufficient
file system space, I'd recommend using a directory for output,
specifying file chunks small enough to fit on a DVD.  Then you can
generate the output from the web interface, then later use a DVD burning
program to copy the generated files to DVDs.