BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc for large scale env

2009-08-27 09:22:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc for large scale env
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:16:52 -0500
It depends on what you mean by "large scale" and what your particular
plans are.  Having a BackupPC server in each of a dozen countries to back
up offices of 10-50 people each probably wouldn't require anything
special, while trying to back up a PC in Columbia from Germany may require
a special deal with the local militia not to blow up the leased lines, and
your problems would have very little to do with BackupPC.

Typically in a large scale enterprise, any backup solution is part of a
larger backup plan that includes data retention policies, recovery
commitments, storage policies, and deployment considerations built around
the needs of the organization within the bounds of the infrastructure,
considering the characteristics of the data that requires protection.