BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Still having problems with BackupPC

2009-08-26 10:32:36
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Still having problems with BackupPC
From: "Jeremy Mann" <jeremy AT biochem.uthscsa DOT edu>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:25:10 -0500 (CDT)
I'm still having severe bandwidth issues causing are once nightly backups
to take days to finish with BackupPC. I am monitoring one server right now
by tailing the NewFileList log file in its pc directory. What I'd expect
to see are filenames flying by, but no, it just goes by maybe 1 file every
minute or so. Then occasionally there's a spurt of maybe 10 file names.

Right now, the logfile is "hung" and hasn't had any output in the last 5
minutes. Just what is BackupPC doing during this time?

On the BackupPC server, top shows an idle load and the BackupPC daemons
aren't even at the top of the list.

I thought this would solve our storage problem, but I'm afraid I cannot
spend more time on this. I'm going to revert back to our old rsync
scripts.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy AT biochem.uthscsa DOT edu