BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Sub directories of modules impossible?

2009-08-24 15:53:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Sub directories of modules impossible?
From: chin <cle-backuppc AT qiao.in-berlin DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:47:30 +0200

Adam Goryachev wrote:

(...)

> Is it possible for you to send the debug log of the two backup
> methods... mainly so we can see the rsync commands sent across to the

Of course I could do. I have already set

    $Conf{XferLogLevel} = '3';

For my machine's .pl configuration file under /etc/BackupPC.

> other side in each case? Basically, I'd like to see why one is much
> slower than the other...

And now, I know why it is slower :-( It simply transfers *all* my files
of the share. It seems to ignore my settings completely:

    $Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
      'cle'
    ];
    $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
      'xotclIDE' => [
        '/stow-1.3.3'
      ]
    };
    $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
      '*.flv' => [
        '*.flv'
      ]
    };

> I assume it is because your method tells rsyncd to just examine dir
> cle/Temp/SomeDir while the current backuppc method asks it for cle/Temp
> and when the data arrives on backuppc it simply discards everything
> other than SomeDir. While I've never used it, it is also possible that
> you implemented the config options incorrectly, as it seems very
> in-efficient, and hopefully someone else would have already come across
> this problem....

I think you are right! But unfortunately the problem seems worse than
only transferring those data unnecessarily. It also do *create* all the
files it should not!

So now I am really stuck! I cannot see what I did wrong :-(

So shall I attach my log to an email to this list? The XferLOG does not
seem to contain any helpful except that it creates all those wrong
files. Or is there any other logging option I could set to get a more
useful log?

(...)

Best regards,
chin