BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Windows 2008

2009-08-06 15:08:50
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Windows 2008
From: Christopher Derr <cmderr AT ucdavis DOT edu>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 11:36:40 -0700
I did manage to get my Vista machine working with rsyncd (and lately
broke it by installing something else that required rsync) and now I'm
trying with a Windows 2008 box.  No luck.  Is there a recommended
practice for Windows 2008 given the new security it has (UAC, no admin
network access, etc)?  I'd prefer rsync over smb but at this point I'm
flexible.

Thanks,

Chris