BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc: return of investment

2009-08-04 03:34:02
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc: return of investment
From: Juergen Harms <Juergen.Harms AT unige DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 09:29:05 +0200
 > I just make an rsync copy of my data to an external USB-attached drive
 > every now and then, and rotate a few drives in and out of my safe. A
 > lot more simplistic than backuppc, and not automated, but it is simple
 > to operate and secure.

That is good advice, thank you. Do you rsync the entire backup directory
tree? That will save the entire history, but requires an external disk
about the same size as the backup drive. But - thanks to links - just a
snaphost of the most recent situtation will probably not result in a
tremendous saving.