BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Trying to backup \Users\foobar causes "NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND listing \Users\Users\*" [rt.phys.ethz.ch #47677]

2009-07-09 07:18:43
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Trying to backup \Users\foobar causes "NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND listing \Users\Users\*" [rt.phys.ethz.ch #47677]
From: Axel Beckert <beckert AT phys.ethz DOT ch>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 12:49:36 +0200
Hi Craig,

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 09:55:33AM -0700, Craig Barratt wrote:
> > I can also reproduce this problem on the commandline, so it looks to me
> > to as if this could be a pure smbclient bug -- if there isn't something
> > bogus in the commandline options or parameters to smbclient:
> >
> > backuppc@backuppc:~ $ /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\fnord.example.net\\C\$ -U
> > backuppc -E -d 1 -c tarmode\ full -Tc - /Experiment /Users/foobar /Program\
> > Files > /scratch/fnord.tar
>
> Please see if using '\' instead of '/' in the path names helps.

thanks for the idea. Unfortunately

/usr/bin/smbclient //fnord.example.net/C\$ -U backuppc -E -d 1 -c tarmode\ full
-Tc - /Experiment /Users/foobar /Program\ Files > /scratch/fnord.tar

still causes the yet unexplainable error

NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND listing \Users\Users\*

                Kind regards, Axel Beckert
--
Axel Beckert <beckert AT phys.ethz DOT ch>       support: +41 44 633 26 68
IT Services Group, HPT D 17                 voice: +41 44 633 41 89