BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Scheduling archiving host

2009-06-12 10:09:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Scheduling archiving host
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 15:46:35 +0200

[cut]

> Just forget that the archivehost concept even exists and run
> BackupPC_tarCreate directly in your script/command line with
> the arguments and output pipeline  you want.
> http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#commandline_
> restore_options
> You can use -n -1 for the most recent backup, and
> incrementals are filled to look like fulls.

Thanks Les,

what I don't see is what is meant with the -s parameter "share name
*from* which the tar archive is created".
Would something like this be OK?

/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate -h polti -n -1 /mnt/USB

I was looking at the "original" commandline I posted, and the things are
almost clear:

/usr/bin/split = has to be used only if splitting archives (I don't need
it);
polti 36 = hostname and number of backup to archive.

Following part is not clear to me:

/bin/gzip .gz 0000000 /mnt/USB *

Is this meaning that the tarball is gzipped? In that case, what are the
parameter that follow the binary path?

Thanks in advance,
Flavio Boniforti.