BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc 3.1.0-4/debian: rrd graph missing

2009-04-24 23:53:56
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc 3.1.0-4/debian: rrd graph missing
From: Jonas Meurer <jonas AT freesources DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 05:47:56 +0200
Hey Rob,

On 24/04/2009 Rob Owens wrote:
> I'm using BackupPC on Debian Lenny as well.  My graphs work fine.  I'm
> using the Debian packaged version, 3.1.0-4

It's really strange. I use the same debian package, and sometimes in the
past the graph indeed was shown in my webinterface, but that worked only
for few days, I don't remember what I changed since then.

> My entire pool is owned by backuppc.backuppc
> Everything in /etc/backuppc is owned by backuppc.www-data except:
>   apache.conf, htpasswd, htgroup, which are owned by backuppc.root

everything in /var/lib/backuppc is owned by backuppc:backuppc on my
backup system, and everything in /etc/backuppc is owned by backuppc:root.

But I don't believe that this is a permission issue. If I got the
backuppc code right, then the graph png image is created dynamically
from the pool.rrd file when I access the webinterface. And as already
written in the initial post, /var/lib/backuppc/log/pool.rrd is updated
regularly (I guess daily).

I'm glueless about why the graph isn't displayed.

greetings,
 jonas