BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Include only specified folders - how

2009-04-10 12:50:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Include only specified folders - how
From: Bharat Mistry <basmistry AT googlemail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 17:46:28 +0100

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net> wrote:
Bharat writes:

> On the host page - I selected SMB with sharename set to D$
> I've setup my username and password (administrator)
>
> I've unticked BackupFilesExclude and Ticked BackupFilesExclude and tried various formats
> (including */Temp/* as found in EXCLUDE!!! - yes there is a Temp folder on D)
>
> I've tried
>
> /folder1
> /folder2
>
> */folder1/*
> */folder2/*
>
> D$/folder1/*
> D$/folder2/*   and without the last two characters /*
>
> I've also tried \ in place of / for all above

I presume you are trying to include just /folder1 and /folder2
on the D$ share, right?

If you are using the CGI interface it can be a bit confusing.
For $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} the "key" should be D$ and the
values should be the paths (relative to the share).

The actual setting in the config.pl file should look like this:

   $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
      'D$' => ['/folder1', '/folder2'],
   }

Please tell us the relevant config settings you have, and also
include the first few lines of the XferLOG file so we can see
exactly what command is being run.

Craig