BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup remote ftp server (internet site)

2009-04-09 19:20:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup remote ftp server (internet site)
From: Mirco Piccin <pictux AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 01:15:35 +0200
Hi

> Would you please post the host.pl script from /etc/BackupPC for me
> please, or email it to me privately?  I'd like to have a look at the
> syntax.

Here you are the .pl host file for this ftp client (i have renamed
host, user & passwd) :

$Conf{ClientNameAlias} = 'ftp.xxxxx.it';
$Conf{FtpPasswd} = 'xxxxpasswd';
$Conf{FtpUserName} = 'xxxxuser';
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'ftp';
$Conf{PingMaxMsec} = '70';
$Conf{XferLogLevel} = '1';

Nothing else.
I've tryied also to set
$Conf{ClientNameAlias}
with numerical IP (as Holger has suggested).
I've set 70 as $Conf{PingMaxMsec} because of the rtt avg that is about 40 ms.

The config.pl BackupPC config file, in the new FTP section, has
standard values (i mean: as released).

Hope this helps (me)
Regards