BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How do I expire backups from disabled hosts?

2009-04-01 14:55:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How do I expire backups from disabled hosts?
From: Chris Robertson <crobertson AT gci DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 10:50:18 -0800
Tino Schwarze wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've got several retired hosts and want to keep only the latest backup
> from them. I've set $Config{BackupsDisable}=2 in the server's config.pl
> and $Config{FullKeepCntMin}=1 but backups are still kept (I see these
> values if I edit the config via web interface).

You can edit values for hosts individually.  Use the drop down box, or
click a link (from the Host Summary page, or the LOG file etc.) to get
to the Host Backup Summary.  On the right hand side, there is an Edit
Config link (two actually, one for the host and one for the general
config).  Change the IncrKeepCnt and/or FullKeepCnt for the host under
Schedule.  Make sure the box next to Override is checked.

Obviously you could also just create or edit the host specific config
files directly, but using the web interface is probably less error prone.
> BackupPC still tries to ping these hosts (unsuccessfully).

Fixed in 3.2.  From
http://www.mail-archive.com/backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT
net/msg13757.html:

* Changed bin/BackupPC_dump to not ping or lookup the host if
  $Conf{BackupsDisable} is set.  Requested by John Rouillard.

> Where to look next?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tino.

Chris