BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] 38GB file backup is hanging backuppc (more info and more questions)

2009-02-12 10:36:26
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] 38GB file backup is hanging backuppc (more info and more questions)
From: Tony Schreiner <schreian AT bc DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:49:48 -0500
> the file that is currently being transferred.
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net/msg05836.html
>
> Now because of another comment, I tried to disable the use of RStmp
> and force BackupPC to do the equivalent of the --whole-file where it
> just copies the file across without applying the rsync
> differential/incremental algorithm. I executed a full backup after
> moving the file in the prior backup aside. So I moved

I missed the original post, but  I run rsync with the --whole-file option, but I still get RStmp files, is that not supposed to happen?

And the writing to the new file in the  "new" subdirectory is sometimes very, very slow even though the RStmp file was filled reasonably fast.

Tony Schreiner
Boston College