BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] CentOS 4.7 suid fails repeatedly with BackupPC

2008-12-16 21:55:34
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] CentOS 4.7 suid fails repeatedly with BackupPC
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:39:54 -0600
Jim McNamara wrote:

> Solved! Thanks for everyone's help. I found that I did fine by manually
> downloading a httpd rpm, but knowing that -x doubles for --exclude is nice.
> That didn't make my yum man page.
>
> I now have graphics, password protection and all is well.
>
> I still will stick to Debian however!!

None of that should have been necessary unless things have changed in
recent updates.  I had it running on a 4.x box some time ago without
similar issues and there are none on 5.x.  Which brings up the question
- why would anyone install a 4.x now if you don't already have something
old that you need to keep working on it?