BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Vista client unauthorized user

2008-11-17 23:07:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Vista client unauthorized user
From: Cody Dunne <cdunne AT cs.umd DOT edu>
To: ozdror AT roadrunner DOT com, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 23:05:52 -0500
Oz Dror wrote:
> I have installed xp client unsuccessfully
>
> On vista rsyncd failed.  Any ideas why and how to debug it.
>
> I get the following error:
>  auth failed on module home from unknown (192.168.0.4): unauthorized user
>
> /etc/rsyncd:

You mean /etc/rsyncd.conf, right?

> gid = users
> read only = false
> use chroot = false
> transfer logging = false
> log file = /var/log/rsyncd.log
> log format = %h %o %f %l %b
> hosts allow = 192.168.0.4
> hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0

Try removing the allow and deny lines temporarily until it starts working.

> strict modes = false
> [root]
> path = /cygdrive/c/
> auth users = backuppc
> secrets file = /etc/rsyncd.secrets
> [home]
> path = /cygdrive/c/users/[my home dir]/documents/quicken/

Isn't the path case sensitive? e.g.-/cygdrive/c/Users/[my home
dir]/Documents/Quicken/

> auth users = backuppc

Also case sensitive.

> secrets file = /etc/rsyncd.secrets

backuppc is in there, right? Like this: backuppc:password

> Thanks
> Oz

Also, can you connect to it manually or increase the verbosity and tail
/var/log/rsyncd.log on the client?

Cody