BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Beta release of BackupPC with ftp support

2008-11-13 19:53:20
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Beta release of BackupPC with ftp support
From: "Paddy Sreenivasan" <paddy AT zmanda DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, backuppc-announce AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:51:13 -0800
We are happy to announce the beta release of BackupPC Community
Edition version 3.1.0+ftp.

This release contains backup and recovery using ftp protocol and
other changes to improve testability and maintainability on top of
3.1.0 release.
Paul C. Mantz has been working on these changes for last fewmonths.

We provide rpm packages for RedHat Enterprise 4 and 5, Suse Linux Enterprise
9 and 10. We will be adding BackupPC packages for other platforms in
the near future.

After adequate testing is done, these changes will be merged into the
next BackupPC release.

Please provide feedback on the beta release. We would be happy to hear
from you about feature suggestions as well as any questions.

http://www.backuppc.com/ is a good place to start.

thanks,
Paddy