BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] force full save on weekends

2008-10-24 08:24:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] force full save on weekends
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 06:47:45 -0500
On 10/24 11:41 , Sebastian Perkins wrote:
> One problem remains : backuppc's full/incr solution launches a full save
> after a certain number of days. Unfortunately this happens most of the time
> during office hours.
>
> The consequence is that certain servers are heavily loaded and users
> complain...
>
> Is there any to force the full on weekends ? And just keep the incr on week
> days ?

Sadly, I don't think this page is terribly easy to find. One kind of has to
know what to look for in order to find it. So it can't really blame people
for not seeing it. Here's how to do what you want, at any rate.

http://backuppc.wiki.sourceforge.net/Schedule_Backups_With_Cron

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator