BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_archiveStart not using compression

2008-10-12 20:50:21
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_archiveStart not using compression
From: "Stephen Vaughan" <stephenvaughan AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Craig Barratt" <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 11:47:17 +1100
hmm okay. That sort of worked, I did the first change now I'm getting an error for gzip:

2008-10-13 11:44:56 Archive failed (Error: gzip is not an executable program)

$Conf{ArchiveComp} = 'gzip';
$Conf{CompressLevel} = '1';

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net> wrote:
Stephen writes:

> When I run BackupPC_archiveStart from the command line it's not
> using compression for the backup, the backup file is created using
> "raw", however if I start the archive job via the web-interface it
> uses compression (gzip by default).
>
> The command I am running is:
>
> /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_archiveStart offsite-archive backuppc nphts

Looks like a typo in bin/BackupPC_archiveStart.  This line:

   compression => $bpc->{Conf}{CatPath},

should be

   compression => $bpc->{Conf}{ArchiveComp},

Or slightly more correctly, if $bpc->{Conf}{ArchiveComp} is "none"
you should set compression to $bpc->{Conf}{CatPath} instead.

You might also want to change the value of compext
when compression is on.

Craig

--
Best Regards,