BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backup PC using ssh tunnels is unreliable?

2008-10-04 14:13:37
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backup PC using ssh tunnels is unreliable?
From: "Raphael Alla" <raphael AT mitija DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:41:31 +1100
Hi,

I am using ssh tunnels to backup machines which are connected to the internet. The transfer is either rsync or rsyncd However, I encounter several issues with this configuration, in particular:
* when the tunnel closes this is not always detected by BackupPC and the program instead thinks the backup is completed when it is not
* when the tunnel closes and it is detected, then there is an error but I see no partial backup (I have in my config $Conf{PartialAgeMax} = 3)

Thank you to assist a new user with the points above.

Regards

Raphael
--
Raphael Alla