BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Incremental archive for off-site backup

2008-09-26 22:23:41
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Incremental archive for off-site backup
From: David Hawke <David.Hawke AT ppfort DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 14:01:02 +1200
Hi All

I've been using BackupPC on a number of sites for some time with
excellent results  (having replaced the usual set of hand crafted scripts).

One of the sites wants to create daily incremental archives for off-site
backups (that is, just the updated / new files from the nightly
incremental rather than the complete snapshot at the time of the
incremental). The compressed archives are over 5Gb each and they would
prefer not to have to deal with these sorts of volumes.

I've been playing with this for a while and I can't see that the archive
scripts can do this.

Can someone enlighten me further ?

Thanks in advance

David Hawke