BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Why did my backup start when I set BlackoutPeriods? How to set BlackoutPeriods?

2008-09-24 18:49:42
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Why did my backup start when I set BlackoutPeriods? How to set BlackoutPeriods?
From: John Rouillard <rouilj-backuppc AT renesys DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:46:39 +0000
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:27:10AM -0700, Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:
> Hi.  I have one server that I want the full back to run only on the
> weekend, as it's too intensive to run during regular business hours
> and it takes a day and a half to run.
>
> Sincere there is no way to schedule a backup, I've tried to schedule
> blackouts for this host for Monday - Friday:
>

> /etc/BackupPC/pc/swdev01.pl:
>
> $Conf{BlackoutPeriods} = [
>     {
>         hourBegin => 0,
>         hourEnd   => 24,
>         weekDays  => [1, 2, 3, 4, 5],
>     },
> ];
>
> But last night the backup started!  And it was Tuesday night, which is
> supposed to be blacked out!   What am I doing wrong, please?
> /var/log/BackupPC/LOG:
>
> 2008-09-23 20:00:02 Started full backup on swdev01 (pid=1096, share=/)

The backup period only takes effect after a certain number of
successful probes of the host. Your log entry shows a level 0 backup,
so I assume the host was just added, and has not yet reached the
threshold of successful probes.

See the documentation on:

  $Conf{BlackoutBadPingLimit}
  $Conf{BlackoutGoodCnt}