BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] dump failed: can't find Compress::Zlib

2008-09-03 04:39:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] dump failed: can't find Compress::Zlib
From: "Nils Breunese (Lemonbit)" <nils AT lemonbit DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:39:22 +0200
nadia kheffache wrote:

> I have installed backuppc 3 on centos5 (Redhat distribution), i
> backup successfully, today i have error when i tart backup manualy:
> dump failed: can't find Compress::Zlib
>
> i do cpan>install Compress::Zlib, but i have other dependences, when
> i install any module of perl, it nead another dependences!
>
> Warning: prerequisite Compress::Raw::Zlib 2.014 not found. We have
> 2.012.
> Warning: prerequisite IO::Compress::Deflate 2.014 not found. We have
> 2.011.
> Warning: prerequisite IO::Compress::Gzip 2.014 not found. We have
> 2.011.
> Warning: prerequisite IO::Compress::Gzip::Constants 2.014 not found.
> We have 2.011.
> Warning: prerequisite IO::Compress::RawDeflate 2.014 not found. We
> have 2.011.
> Warning: prerequisite IO::Compress::Zip 2.014 not found. We have
> 2.011.
> Warning: prerequisite IO::Uncompress::Gunzip 2.014 not found. We
> have 2.011.
> Warning: prerequisite IO::Uncompress::Inflate 2.014 not found. We
> have 2.011.
> Warning: prerequisite IO::Uncompress::RawInflate 2.014 not found. We
> have 2.011.
> Warning: prerequisite IO::Uncompress::Unzip 2.014 not found. We have
> 2.011.
> Writing Makefile for IO::Compress::Base
>

> Can you help me please.

For Red Hat/CentOS I recommend installing the required Perl modules
from RPMForge via yum instead of using CPAN. Never had a problem with
that. Yum automatically solves dependencies and it's easier to keep
everything on your system up to date. I'm not familiar with solving
dependencies using CPAN, so I can't help you there.

Nils Breunese.