BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Installation / configuration question...

2008-09-02 13:23:47
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Installation / configuration question...
From: "Gary Vassalotti" <gary AT vimcor DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 13:23:32 -0400
Hi,

I have installed backuppc on my Mandrivia server (from a Mandrivia RPM install package).  I thought I had it set up correct, but  I get the following error:

Starting backuppc2008-08-29 20:06:50 Can't create a test hardlink between a file in /drive2/backups/pc and /drive2/backups/cpool.  Either these are different file systems, or this file system doesn't support hardlinks, or these directories don't exist, or there is a permissions problem, or the file system is out of inodes or full.  Use df, df -i, and ls -ld to check each of these possibilities. Quitting...
                                                                [FAILED]

I have run the df, df -i and the ls -ld.  df and dfi show small usage percentages on my drives (38% is the higest) and only 3% on the directory / drive I want the backup files to go to (/drive2/backups).

The drive and  the directories are owned by backup (my pc's user name), and in a group of the same name.  The backuppc user is also in that group. I even tried setting the permissions on the directories to777, but there was no change...

Any suggestions?  Please post / and reply to gary AT vimcor DOT com.

Thank  you.

--
Gary Vassalotti
President, VIMCOR

Managing Director, StreetIntel by www.Investrend.com

PH-(814) 693-5093
AOL: gvassalott

NOTE:  My server receives over 200 peices of spam per day, requireing the use of a Spam Filter.  If you receive a SpamSlueth challenge email back, please respond to it and the system will add you to my 'white list' and will forward your orginal email to me.

Thank You.